We are grateful that you have decided to visit our website. We want your experience of visiting this site to be as pleasant as possible, and therefore we have drafted this Cookies Policy as clearly as possible.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files containing small quantities of information that are downloaded onto the device users are using to visit a website. Their main aim is to recognize the user each time he/she accesses the website, and they also allow us to improve the quality and usability of our website.
Cookies are essential to how the internet works; they cannot damage the user’s computer/device, and if they are enabled by the configuration settings of your browser, they help us to identify and resolve and possible errors in the functioning of the website.
Types of Cookies
There are different kinds of cookies. They all work in the same way, but there are small differences between them:
- a) Session Cookies: Session Cookies only last for the duration of your visit, and are erased when you close your browser. Their main aim is to identify the type of device and to support the security of the website or its basic functions. They do not contain any personal information that allows anyone to be identified.
- b) Persistent or Permanent Cookies: These are stored on the hard drive of the device and the website reads them every time the site is visited again; they have a pre-determined expiry date, and once this date is reached, the cookie stops working. They allow your actions and preferences to be identified, visits to be analysed, and help to determine how users arrive at our website and how to improve our services.
- c) Functional Cookies: These allow the decisions taken by users to be remembered such as their login or ID. The information these cookies collect is anonymised (i.e. they do not store the name, address, or any other kind of data).
- d) Third-party Cookies: These cookies are installed by a website which is not the one being visited; e.g. those used by social media (such as Facebook) or by external content plug-ins (such as Google Maps). Some advertising companies use these kinds of files to track visits on each website where they advertise.
- e) Analytical Cookies: These cookies have the aim of periodical maintenance in order to ensure improved operation and service to users, compiling data on their activities.
By accessing www.entreculturas.org, you expressly accept that we can use these kinds of cookies on your devices. If you disable cookies, your browsing may not be optimal and some of the features available may not function correctly.
- a) Our own cookies
In order recognize and provide a better service, our website uses own cookies. The advantage of accepting these cookies is that you save time. Likewise they may also be used to recognize you in subsequent visits and adjust the content that is displayed accordingly, and to obtain information on the date and time of your last visit, measure some traffic parameters within the website, and estimate the number of visits made, so that the services and promotions can be tailored and adapted more effectively.
No cookie can extract information from your hard drive or steal personal information. No cookie can allow anyone to connect using your telephone number, e-mail address, or any other form of contact, nor can they damage your computer.
Cookies that are strictly necessary
Cookie: __utma/ duration: PERSISTENT / supplier: Google Analytics
Description: Analytical Cookie. Stores the ID of the visitor and the number of visits made to the website.
Cookie: __utmb/ duration: TEMPORARY / supplier: Google Analytics.
Description: Stores the session time for the user on the site.
Cookie: __utmc temporary / duration: TEMPORARY / supplier: Google Analytics
Cookie: __utmz temporary / duration: PERSISTENT / supplier: Google Analytics
Description: Analytical cookie. Contains information or the referrer, i.e. whether the user arrives from a search engine, a direct link, or a link in an advertisement.
- b) Google Analytics cookies
The website uses the Google Analytics service, which is provided by Google, Inc., a company with its head office at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (‘Google’).
If you wish you may refuse the processing of the data or information by disabling cookies, by choosing this option in your browser’s settings. However, if you do this, you might not be able to benefit from all of the features on the website.
By using this website you consent to your information being processed by Google in the manner and for the purposes stated above.
Configuring your browser to disable cookies.
- a) If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, follow Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. To find out more, visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/eses/windowsvista/blockorallowcookies
- b) If you are using Firefox, follow Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies.
To find out more: http://support.mozilla.org/es/products/firefox/privacyandsecurity
- c) If you are using Chrome, follow Options > Advanced options > Privacy.
To find out more: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- d) If you are using Opera, you can configure the browser under the Security and Privacy option.
To find out more: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/